Librarian - Susan Cutsforth
Ms Cutsforth is a highly skilled and award winning teacher librarian. Her background and experiences in many prestigious schools has brought much to Corrimal High School. With over 30 years as an English teacher and teacher librarian she has had an extensive teaching career. Ms Cutsforth is highly adept at proofreading and editing, and offers her skills to students regularly to support their successful learning experiences.
Qualifications and Awards
Bachelor of Education (Literature and Librarianship); Professional Editing - NSW Writers' Centre, 2006; NSW Quality Teaching Award, 2004 (first teacher librarian to receive this award).
Published writer – ‘Our House' series
Teacher Librarian Role:
The Teacher Librarian is available to:
- plan, team-teach and evaluate collaboratively with teachers
- provide additional assistance to students with particular learning needs or abilities
- assist students with internet research and note taking
- promote and encourage reading for pleasure for all users (teachers and students)
- assist senior classes with speeches, essay writing, visual literacy etc.